Hey Love Bees! 🐝
In just six weeks time I’ll be heading off on my solo backpacking trip across Europe. It’s exciting and terrifying in so many ways, but I know it’ll be a completely life-changing adventure! 💕
For now though, I’m keeping busy with work, trying to make a few extra pennies before I go! I’m also being frugal with my spending, so that I’ll have more money available for my travels.
With my seriously tight budget in mind, one cost-effective dish that I’m loving right now is this hearty red lentil loaf! It’s easy to make, tastes amazing and is super healthy as well! 👌🏻
Lentils are such a great source of protein and they’re rich in minerals like iron, so they’ll help to support your immune system, and will boost your energy levels too!
Not only this, but lentils are also extremely filling due to their high fibre content and their complex carbs, which release energy more slowly and keep you feeling fuller for longer. (This also makes them ideal for weight loss!)
This red lentil loaf is slightly spicy with tones of garlic and onion. It can be eaten with tomato relish or gravy, and may be paired with these beautiful root veggies, to create the perfect vegan roast! 💕
Easy Red Lentil Loaf
A slightly spiced and beautifully moreish red lentil loaf, that's vegan and gluten-free!
Write a review
- 2 Cups Cooked Red Lentils
- 1 Cup Oats (dry and uncooked)
- 250ml Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 Cup Tomato Puree
- 1/4 Cup Ground Flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200℃ (392℉)
- Place all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix until well-combined.
- Slowly add the vegetable stock, stirring thoroughly whilst doing so.
- Spoon the mixture into a loaf tin and place in the oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until your loaf is firm and slightly browned.
- Allow to cool slightly, then cut into slices and serve. 🙂
- This lentil loaf can be frozen, or kept in the fridge for up to a week.
Earth Foods Nutrition https://earthfoodsnutrition.com/